top of page
Upcoming & Past Events
- Wed, May 03SFgovTV.orgResolution calling on Mayor London N. Breed to fund 2,000 new shelter or temporary housing placements over the next two fiscal years.
- Fri, Apr 28rescuesf.org/carecourtSupport CARE Court and its community-based approach to treating those with serious mental illness (SMI). Listen to the hearing and provide Public Comment to the Committee members and the Department of Public Health officials accountable for implementing CARE Court.
- Tue, Mar 21https://sfgovtv.org/sfgovtv-live-eventsJoin our campaign calling on the City to fund 2,000 new shelter beds in the upcoming 2023-2024 budget. Make your voice heard at 3/21 Supervisor hearing in person or via Zoom.
- Tue, Feb 28Virtual EventOur government’s failure to effectively respond to the drug crisis has led to visible suffering, violence, and addiction throughout the city. Learn more about what can be done to address this crisis.
- Wed, Feb 15San FranciscoSan Francisco is broken, and it’s not just a headline—rising crime, an out-of-control drug crisis, and tanking schools affect us all personally.
- Wed, Feb 01San FranciscoSan Francisco has become synonymous with open-air drug markets, increasing rates of fentanyl addiction, and daily overdose deaths. Our government’s failure to effectively respond to the drug crisis has led to visible suffering, violence, and addiction throughout the city.
- Mon, Dec 05Via ZoomThe Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH) is hosting a public Town Hall to solicit feedback from the public. This is an important opportunity for members of the community to provide feedback to HSH on improving their approach to the homelessness crisis.
- Thu, Oct 27sfgovtv.orgOn October 27, 2022, the Public Safety and Neighborhood Services Committee is conducting a hearing on the current state of “Treatment on Demand.” Supervisors plan to ask the DPH how they will provide treatment within a reasonable timeframe and about their plan to close gaps in treatment capacity.
- Wed, Jun 08WebinarJoin RescueSF for a discussion on the documentary film "Beyond Homeless: Finding Hope" with a panel of experts and audience Q&A to discuss the root causes of homelessness and how to mobilize our community to enact solutions.
- Tue, Jun 07Watch www.sfgovtv.orgA Place for All (APA), a policy and a plan to shelter those on our streets, was unanimously approved by the members of the Public Safety and Neighborhood Services (PSNS) Committee. It now goes to the Board of Supervisors for its final vote on June 7th.
- Thu, May 12Call-In: 415-655-0001, ID: 2490 219 9126##The ordinance would require the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing to prepare an implementation plan within three months, including an estimate of how many people would be expected to accept shelter in the City and the cost of providing shelter for all people willing to accept it.
- Thu, Apr 14(415) 655-0001 Meeting ID: 2491 567 5344 ##Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee to discuss San Francisco's Police Department’s staffing levels, demand for service, recruitment and retention.
Past Speaker Series
RescueSF hosted a speakers series and provided these videos as a public service. The views expressed by guests are their own, and their appearance on RescueSF Speakers does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.
bottom of page